Saturday 18 August 2012

The day It all changed


Just when I thought my life could not possible get any worse I felt that curtain close in front of my eyes. The registrar was looking me in the eye and my lips were moving whilst my heart was screaming out for me to run, I repeated all things spoken to me followed by the final 'I do'

That day was supposed to be the best of my life but inside I felt empty. I spent years going through the motions, each day was the same as the last I cant remember the last time I was happy and I cant even remember who I'm supposed to be. Each morning I'd look in the mirror and I didn't recognize the stranger staring back at me.

Thursdays for me was the only day I felt something, normally a blow to the head or a punch in the face by the man who was supposed to love me. Sometimes he even told me how much he loved me but normally the words that followed were "I'm so sorry, I promise this will never happen again" I realized the cheapness of words and detested being told I was loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment